Abhinav Singh - Cloud Security Masterclass Defender's Guide to Securing AWS & Azure Infrastructure $1,600 (Early $1,400)
This is a unique course that is on the cloud and for the cloud. It helps train individuals on cloud terminologies and enables them to build scalable defense mechanisms for their services running in the public cloud. The training explicitly focuses on threat detection, Incident response, malware investigations, and forensic analysis of cloud infrastructure which is still a very less known domain in the market. The training will not use cloud-native security tools, but will focus more on building generic analysis pipelines that can be implemented in any cloud environment.
- Using cloud native technologies to build your own security services for your applications and services running in the cloud.
- Building real-time detection, monitoring and response capabilities for threat tracking and intelligence gathering.
- Building Advanced automated pipelines through Detection-as-code features to defend public cloud infrastructures.
## Who Should Take This Course:
- Red Team members
- Blue team and Purple team members
- Cloud Security Teams
- Incident responders, Analysts
- Malware investigators and Analysts
- Threat intelligence analysts and Responders
This hands-on CTF-style training focuses on elevating your security knowledge into the cloud. Learn to defend your AWS & Azure cloud infrastructure by building automated detection, alerting and response pipelines for your workloads by using native cloud services. This training focuses on building security knowledge on the cloud and for the cloud.
This training takes both investigator and builder approach towards security. It teaches you the fundamentals of cloud infrastructure security and focuses on building highly scalable threat detection, monitoring, and response tools by using cloud-native services like serverless, containers, object stores, IAM/AD, logic apps, SQL/KQL queries and much more.
By the end of this training, we will be able to (applies to both AWS & Azure):
* Use cloud technologies to detect & build automated responses against IAM & AD attacks.
* Understand and mitigate advanced identity-based attacks like pivoting and privilege escalation and build defense techniques against them.
* Use serverless functions to perform on-demand threat scans.
* Deploy containers to build threat detection services at scale.
* Build notification services to create detection alerts.
* Analyze malware-infected virtual machines to perform automated forensic investigations.
* Define step functions & logic apps to implement automated forensic artifacts collection for cloud resources.
* Build cloud security response playbooks for defense evasion, persistence and lateral movements.
* Perform advanced security investigations through architecting and deploying security data-lake for real-time threat intelligence and monitoring.
* Enforce multi-cloud security strategy through assessments, compliance checks and benchmarking automation.
Hands-on: 65-70%. Lecture: 30-35%.
Day 1: 6 hands-on labs: Approximately 6 hours
Day 2: 5 hands-on labs: Approximately 6 hours.
This has homework or after class exercises: students will be provided with Cloudformation templates for next day's lessons.
- PDF versions of slides that will be used during the training.
- Complete course guide containing 200+ pages in PDF format. It will contain step-by-step guidelines for all the exercises, labs, and a detailed explanation of concepts discussed during the training.
- 20+ pages of cloud security rulebook to implement cloud security controls in an enterprise.
- 15 day access to Slack channel & CTF platform.
- Infrastructure-as-code templates to deploy the test environments & simulations for continued practice after the class ends.
- Access to Github account for accessing custom-built source codes and tools.
- Collection of test malware samples, forensic images, detection rules and queries.
Abhinav Singh is a cybersecurity researcher with a decade long experience working for global leaders in security technology, financial institutions and as an independent trainer/consultant. He is the author of Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook (first, second & third editions) and Instant Wireshark Starter, by Packt. He is an active contributor to the security community in the form of patents, open-source tools, paper publications, articles, and blogs. His work has been quoted in several security and privacy magazines, and digital portals. He is a frequent speaker and trainer at eminent international conferences like Black Hat, RSA & Defcon. His areas of expertise include malware research, reverse engineering, enterprise security, forensics, and cloud security.
Trainer(s) social media links:
https://twitter.com/abhinavbom : @abhinavbom
- Free tier account for AWS with command line tools installed.
- Free Tier account for Azure with command line tools installed.
- Read and complete the pre-training briefing document that will be sent a week before the training date.
What students should bring:
- Laptop with Wi-Fi capability.
- Basic understanding of cloud services.
- System administration and linux cli.
- Able to write basic programs in python.
- Familiarity with SQL and KQL queries will be a plus.
DATE: June 27th-28th 2024
TIME: 8am to 5pm
VENUE: Omni Shoreham Hotel 2500 Calvert St NW, Washington, DC 20008
TRAINER: Abhinav Singh
- 16 hours of training with a certificate of completion.
- 2 coffee breaks are provided per day
- Note: Food is not included
Registration terms and conditions:
Trainings are refundable before May 15th, the processing fee is $250.
Trainings are non-refundable after May 22nd, 2024.
Training tickets may be transferred. Please email us for specifics.
Failure to attend the Training without prior written notification, will be considered a No-Show. No refund will be given.
By purchasing this ticket you agree to abide by the DCT Code of Conduct and the registration terms and conditions listed above.